Latest News

Tuesday, 25 April 2017
Track test for Button 'not useful' - Boullier
Sochi brake switch for Haas unlikely
Monday, 24 April 2017
Ecclestone tips Hamilton to beat Vettel
McLaren crisis 'worse' for Alonso - Boullier
Kubica not ruling out 'second F1 debut'
F1 could scrap engine rule tweak for 2018
Pirelli rules out Prost tyre idea
Friday, 21 April 2017
Villeneuve slams Alonso's Indy 500 critics
Sochi temperatures won't stop Ferrari - Vettel
Lehto tips Raikkonen to bounce back
Bottas must win races to secure seat - Salo
F1 looking for new German GP home - Carey
Honda eyeing engine customer for 2018 - Boullier
Berger hopes Vettel does DTM race
Thursday, 20 April 2017
Ferrari triggers Mercedes 'alarm bells' - Lauda
Vandoorne can relax amid McLaren crisis - Boullier
Wednesday, 19 April 2017
Stroll not getting down about 2017 so far
No room at Porsche for Alonso - boss
Ferrari 'hungrier' than Mercedes - Alesi
Red Bull not letting Sainz go - Horner
Alonso 'advised badly' in F1 career - Horner
Massa accepts Verstappen apology
Former boss hails Renault progress
Mercedes drivers admit tyre problems
Mallya arrested, bailed in London
Tuesday, 18 April 2017
Carey hits back at Ecclestone race fee comments
Team orders approach has changed - Wolff
Massa surprised Button not testing in Bahrain
Indy 500 deal 'not my idea' - Boullier
Berger tips Vettel to stay at Ferrari
Force India hails rapid Renault progress
Alonso denies voluntarily quitting Bahrain GP
McLaren 'can't continue like this' - Ojjeh
Ferrari denies 2017 car not suited to Raikkonen
Verstappen apologises for Brazil comments

News

Stroll not getting down about 2017 so far
2017-04-19

Apr.19 (GMM) Lance Stroll says he is not getting down about the difficult start to his F1 career.

The Canadian teen, already under pressure after a mistake-strewn winter and claims he is a 'pay driver', struggled in Australia and China as his race career kicked off with Williams.

And there was more trouble in Bahrain, when he called being taken out by Carlos Sainz during the race as "ridiculous".

But before that, he said he was doing well last Sunday.

"I lost a few positions at the start, but then I ran really well on the soft tyres," said the Canadian.

"I even managed to do a few passes, even if it all came to nothing because of Sainz."

But he told the Canadian newspaper La Presse: "I console myself by telling myself that the season is still young, and that I still have many more opportunities to recover.

"I'm looking forward to taking my chance," the 18-year-old added.

Stroll is also under big pressure at Williams, where the midfield battle in the constructors' standings with Force India, Toro Rosso, Haas and Renault looks set to be intense.

"I don't have as many concerns as you might imagine," deputy team boss Claire Williams said.

"I think Lance has really proved that he deserves the seat. We are going to give him the space he needs to grow but I don't actually doubt that he's going to be capable of scoring the points that we need him to."